Friday, July 24, 2009

make-up class...sign me up

 

Today Andrew and I were discussing Saturday's plans when he asked why we were having swim lessons on a Saturday. I told him because of the thunderstorm, his teacher cancelled class earlier this week and that tomorrow's class was going to be a make-up class. AnnaLisa's eye lit up as she walked into the room. "We are having a make-up class tomorrow?"

I laughed because I know what she meant. AnnaLisa takes things very literally, plus she loves make-up. Above is one of the few pictures we have where she has make-up on. I let her put on some lip gloss for the pictures. She loved it. It was one of those mommy-and-me times where I bend the rules a little. So I realized that I needed to clarify what a "make-up" class was. Once I explained it, her expression fell. "Oh, so no make-up?". Sorry big girl. Have to wait until you turn 12 (another one of those borrowed rules from my parents, that I hated when I grew up, and now as a parent wonder if it is waiting long enough).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: